Homeopathic remedies for dog fleas
Fleas can become an unpleasant problem for pet owners and dogs if not taken care of. What makes one dog go outside and get fleas and the other does not? A reaction to fleas indicates that the immune system is weak. If the immune system was strong, your dog would be able to fight off naturally fleas. Poor nutrition and stressful environment weakens the defense mechanism against outside bugs.
There are too many chemicals and toxins in flea medications and collars which can damage the nervous system and weaken the immune system with prolonged use. Natural flea control is recommended over veterinarian flea control medicine. Use flea collars that contain natural herbs or essential oils.
Homeopathic remedies for fleas:
If your pet suffers from fleas:
- Sulphur 6C or 12C: give only one dose; do not give another dose before one month
- The next day, give Ledum palustre 30C to reduce inflammation due to flea bites, itching and repel fleas, give one dose every day, stop giving the remedy when you see skin improvement
One month before the flea season:
Give the nosode psorinum one month before the flea season. Give one dose of 30C once a week for 3 weeks.
Do not give ledum, psorinum and sulphur at the same time, finish with one remedy and move to the next.
Other helpful treatment that can be given at the same time as the homeopathic remedies:
- add 1 tablespoon organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar in your dogís drinking water (1 tablespoon per 8 glasses of water). After 10 minutes, the strong odor of the apple cider vinegar will go away.
- Herbal rosemary tea rinse can repel fleas. Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon of dry rosemary herb) in 1 pint of boiling water and let steep for 10 minutes. Let cool and strain. Pour it over your dog’s coat.
- To keep away fleas, your dog needs a healthy immune system and a healthy natural diet. Adding digestive enzymes and probiotic formula for pets will help keep the friendly bacteria in the digestive system balanced.